Sunday, July 29, 2012

I made something, I made something!!!

I know, you could hardly believe it either, right? LOL

It feels like FOREVER since I have even stepped foot in to my craft space. So odd for me. I used to look forward all week to my days off because I knew I would be crafting. Now it seems like it is an after thought. Life has a way of getting super busy and consuming sometimes. Crazy life getting in the way of my crafting...what is it thinking..lol  Any who....

I wanted to make hubby a "just because" card. His birthday was last Friday and I totally did not make him a card this year. He expressed afterward that he kept waiting for me to give him one, and nothing. :( I felt terrible. I totally thought he was tired of getting cards from me by now...but I am glad to hear that is not the case. He is so supportive and encouraging to me with my crafty endeavors. I thought he totally deserved a thank you..just because!

I was sneaky and after I colored her hair purple... or in Copic terms, blue violet, I asked him to look at the image and pick a color combo for her clothes. When he said to do the shirt red and yellow I was a bit mortified..lol I decided to do it anyway and I actually like how it turned out. I did have to nix the suggestion that I make her bow, pink. That was a little too much on the crazy, clashy side for me..lol

Here is what we ended up with as the final result:

Hubby decided to go shoot the sunrise tonight, so..... I got a chance to make this card while he was gone. I even had time to create the "Talk Nerdy to me" sentiment in Photo Shop. If any of you would like a copy of it, I would be happy to e-mail it to ya. 

I am going to get the card details listed and go cuddle up with my honey and watch some of the 2012 Summer Olympics. 

Ciao, 

Tracy S

*********************************************************
Stamp:
 Ivy- Saturated Canary

Paper: Cosmo Cricket- Joy Ride Mini Deck 


Copics: 
skin- E00, E11
hair- BV04,BV00,BV000
shoes-N6,N3,N0,E40
socks-R17shirt- Y32, Y28,R17,R02
undershirt- E40tights-E40,E41
leg warmers- Y32, Y28
skirt- R17,R02,
bow-R17,R02,R00
Glossy Effects as her eye glass lenses



5 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet of hubby to want you to make him a card--and sweet of you to let him help design it! :^)
    This is so cute, and I just love the sentiment with the image! :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "see" you Tracy! Cute image - great colours ;-), nice papers and I love the clever sentiment too. Look forward to seeing you next time you feel like doing some crafting... whenever that may be :-) Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you around! This card turned out cute! And I love the sentiment! Been missing you girl! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you again, Tracyface! I'm sure your hubby loved this card, esp since he helped make it!

    Are you like me and are watching sports you'd never normally watch just because it's the Olympics? I've spent way to much time watching water polo than I'd care to admit... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the funky hair color! And the rest of the card is also wonderful.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...