Sunday, April 23, 2006

I'm out and about,my weekend so far!

I am finally able to get out and about which is GREAT!!! I was starting to get stir crazy even though it had only been a week. I tell you , sunshine does wonders for the mood and spirit doesn't it? Sunshine and fresh outdoor air...

We went to see Guppy's Grammy Friday night and she took us out to eat at Red Lobster. It had been awhile since eating there so it was a nice change from the usual Mexican that we end up at ..lol ( Guppy's favorite) ... I love visiting his Grammy , she is such a neat woman. It always amazes me how sharp her mind and her memory are at 86 years old...
It is cool listening to the stories that she loves to tell... You can learn so much from elderly people if you just take the time to listen.

Well we went after that to Mighty Mite's house to feed and water her cats while her and the professor are out frolicking around Georgia... Mighty ordered the professor's birthday present and wanted us to swing by and pick them up and try them out ... She bought him two light sabers ,so of course Guppy was more than willing. lol

He now ( until they come back ) has a red one( Darth Vader's) a green one ( Luke Skywalker's) and his blue Anakin one...Him and little one have had a ball with them .. I think they have been quality tested quite thoroughly..lol

Maybe we can get a video of all three of them going and post it soon. I know the last video was a hit.

Let's see...Saturday we got out and went and visited Gup's sister and her family..
Crabgirl( sister-in-law),Critter (her daughter), Fire Man ( her hubby)...
We all ended up going to Cracker Barrel for brunch.It was a good time as always.Good company. We seem to be forming a trend i have noticed. Before the surgery we went out to eat mid day on Saturday twice in a row and then this Saturday. It is kind of cool though. As close as we live ( right down the road) we hardly see each other besides holidays... That is just silly don't ya think? It is not because we don't like each other either... I think life just gets to busy sometimes. So our new found Saturday brunch dates are pretty cool.
They all had tickets to go see the 'Stros that night .... BOOOOO!!!! just kidding ...I am jealous but happy for them :) I couldn't go right now if I could afford it anyway...I don't think I am up for that yet.


Saturday evening my best friend Astrosprincess came by and we grilled out and watched the game between doing Mad libs with lil one ... It was fun, lil one is a riot with those things.We got some good laughs with those. Princess stayed till midnight...It was kind of cool, it's been a very long time since I had a friend just come chill with me until midnight. She is the best :)

Today is Sunday and we are about to go to church....I will get off here so I can go brush my hair and put on my face. Afterwards lil one is really wanting to scrapbook her birthday party and Libby Lu's and she wants to do a layout of Gizmo, so I think that will be my afternoon..If she gets a layout finished I will post it!

Have a great weekend all my bloggy buddies!!!

oh yeah, and GO 'STROSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! ....hehehe

6 comments:

  1. I'm GLAD that I have you Linked on my site. Such a nice Post! And I Love Cracker Barrels! I have loved older people as long as I can remember. THey have so much wisdom to teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:46 AM

    I am so glad that you are up and about. You brunches are great. I miss them. We use to do them in Germany with mom and sis...
    Okay - sorry for the ignorance - what a mad libs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the elderly, and totally agree with you...if you listen you will learn something.

    Glad you are feeling better :O)

    Go STRO'S!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20 PM

    i just wanted to let you know that i think you are the sweetest person! Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear that you are feeling good and are out and about! Just don't over do it young lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy visiting my grandma or his grandparents.. I never bore of hearing there stories, wisdom, jokes etc.. Old people are so beautiful!

    My grandma is like 74 and isn't on any meds..she's very sharp and active..

    It's good to hear you have a family so supporitive and that they were there for you.. I miss that here in WI.

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...