Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tuesday's Tunes

I am thinking about dedicating Tuesday's posts to song lyrics. I really love music and this would be a way to keep a list of songs I love for myself and to share them with others. I will start it this Tuesday and see how it goes...lol
Who knows if I will actually remember to do it every Tuesday or not.

I was spending some time in prayer and worship Sunday night. I am a prayer warrior at church and we do a prayer around the clock. My time slot to pray for the church is Sunday at 9:00 pm. I usually do some worship with music before my prayer time . Kind of preparing my heart for worship sort of thing. Also I listen after prayer time to kind of reflect on how awesome God is. I heard this song last Sunday after my prayer time and it reminded me of some things while I was listening to it.

I know alot of people have the misconception that once you become Christian you have the "perfect" life. You have to be perfect and nothing bad happens to you as long as you "believe" .. I am here to tell you that is soooo not the case. God uses trials to teach us things. He uses hardships to draw us near to him. If we were happy all the time, if nothing ever went wrong and life was all "perfect" ...we would never turn to him. We would never kneel down before him with humble hearts and ask for his help.

This song reminded me that even through our hardships we can keep our faith. When you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you will still encounter pain, sorrow and hardships ...but your perspective on it all is what is different. When you trust in God and know that he is in control...You can have joy through the troubles. You can see the rainbow through your storm.





Here is the song that inspired this post...

Matt Brouwer ...I shall believe
( I think it was originally a Sheryl Crow song )

Come to me now
And lay Your hands over me
Will You find me tonight
Say it will be alright
And I will believe

Broken in two
I know You're on to me
That I only come home
When I'm so all alone
But I do believe

That not everything is gonna be
The way you think it ought to be
It seems like everytime I try and make it right
It all comes down on me
Please say honestly You won't give up on me
And I shall believe

Open the door
And show me Your face tonight
I know it's true
No one heals me like You
And You hold the key

Never again will I turn away from You
I'm so heavy tonight
But Your love is alright
And I do believe

If you want to hear it played you can go HERE and listen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get that started on Friday witha meme: Dedication Friday....It's taking off slowly. Some Girl is doing it, Mr. Fabulous says he will, and a few others. Check out the latest entry:

    Dedication Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful.

    I love a whole ton of "Christian" songs....my favorite is one my grandson sings all the time!!

    "Here I am to worship" --have you heard this one?

    Great thought for your Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...