Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pumpkin Fudge..mmmmmmmm!!!!!


I found this recipe in the October issue of my Southern Living magazine. I absolutely LOVE pumkin so I was very willing to try this one out. It turned out tasting awesome but I got impatient and did not cook it long enough, so it was not as hard as fudge is supposed to be. I had a friend from work tell me that some place locally makes pumpkin fudge and gives tours of the place. They said when making pumkin fudge you have to cook it to almost cracking stage because the pumkin is so mushy to begin with. I have the stuff to make another batch and so I will be trying again soon. Well I thought I would share the recipe will all of you so here it is.Let me know if you try and what you think.


Line pan with aluminum foil before you begin to cook the fudge.Once the candy thermometer reaches 234 degreesand the remaining ingredients are added,quickly spoon the fudge into the pan.



3 cups sugar
3/4 C. melted butter
2/3 C. evaporated milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1(12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
1(7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
1 cup chopped pecans,toasted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


STIRtogether first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat,and cook,stirring constantly,until
mixture comes to a boil.Cook,stirring constantly,until a candy thermometer registers 234 degrees (soft-ball stage)or for about 12 minutes.

REMOVEpan from heat:stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan.Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool;cut fudge into squares.Enjoy :)


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:09 PM

    hummm I never heard of such a thing. One thing I really like is pumpkin cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:31 PM

    That looks too mouth watering! The food and desserts are my favorite part of November and December! :-)

    3T

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hun, i just wanted to post to let you know that on my computer screen, your post title.. the second line is very difficult to read, seems it is kinda obscured by the first line, is this just my computer???
    also i have a lot to catch up on with your blog, i have been neglecting my bloggy friends... so sorry. been very busy.... i will take the time to read this weekend.... hope you have a great week end, chat soon...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It shows up like that under IE ..If you download Firefox as a browser it shows up perfectly :) That is what I use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin too.. but I'm not sure I could do this.. it looks like cheese.. hehehe I think I'd get over it quickly though.. :o)

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...