Sunday, September 18, 2005

The longest Saturday

Man, I just had the busiest Saturday that I have had in a very very long time.We woke up and got showered and ready, off to church for the kick off party of the kiddies Christmas program .That was cool and lil one enjoyed it.Then we had to run home and get some stuff ready for the post office.We then ran to the post office,dropped lil one off at her mothers house ,went to subway to get lunch then ran back over to his moms for another day of cleaning .Man I am realizing day by day that her house is a lot larger then I ever thought .I knew it was big ,but you don't realize how big and how much stuff she has until you are the one cleaning it and dusting it all ..lol Anyway we were on day two and spent four hours there .Then we had to run home and get showered and ready for church.So off to church we went at 6:00 ,my friend from last week met us there :) I was excited .It is cool to have a friend from work attending church with me.After church we came home and decided to run out and try and find some good potpourri to replace his moms older stuff .We ran to the mall to the Yankee Candle store ( one of my very favorite stores) only to find a bunch of new candles but no useable potpourri.All they had was the huge stuff which wouldn't work in the little baskets that we are putting it in .There is always this kiosk in that mall that has like homemade potpourri but of course they were NOT there yesterday .We were bummed but kept looking .We went to Kirklands and found some wonderful smelling sachets .One is seaspray which will work for her bathrooms .The other we had to grab some for us as well ,it was orange clove ..mmmmmm it smells yummy.Ok, so we realize we were going nowhere in our lil potpourri quest and we were getting hungry so we head to Cracker Barrel..but.....On the way we see a new huge dollar store open so we go to check it out .It was nice ..very big and clean .I realized it is a decent scrap booking supply place .That is always a good find .Well I bought me some gummy worms and off we went to eat.We both ordered breakfast and ate for less then $14.00 I was very impressed.We get home from all that at 10:00 pm .Well, a few weeks ago I became a prayer warrior at church and committed to praying for the church for one hour a week and my hour happens to be from 11:00 pm till midnight on Saturdays .I was so wore out so I laid on the couch and took a twenty minute nap before going in to pray. Guppy had a little bit of a time waking me up but I did ..I got up and went in to pray ..and yeahhhhh I made it through till midnight :) After that though ...it was off to dreamland finally .....

So ...how was your Saturday ?

8 comments:

  1. I am tired just reading about your day! I took a nap on Saturday!

    Thanks for coming by my blog earlier! Michele sent me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew! that was some day! now I feel like taking a nap - lol. hiya, came by way of michele. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My saturday was nice (thankyouverymuch. We got sunburnt watching my daughter play her soccer game and then went to the park. I pooped out early after that due to the sun and a cold I am dealing with. Hope you got some rest today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you were busy! Thanks for stopping by my site and for the well wishes. I just drove in from a 4 hour drive home from a motorcycle rally we attended this weekend. Fun but tiring. Now I am off to bed! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:05 PM

    my oldest daughter was home from university and i spent the better part of the day out shopping with her, getting her food, school supplies, etc. it sure is easy for her to spend my money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Saturday was very nice, and I finally watched Napoleon Dynomite. Very very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new look! Love Kirklands! Love potpourri! Boy I'm just all full of love tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:03 PM

    candles, potpourri, gummi worms, dollar stores, wow, this post just goes on and on about things i love. my exciting saturday shopping involved groceries.

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...