Sunday, August 28, 2005

Nacho Supreme


Most of you that have been reading my blog for awhile know that I have changed my eating habits to omit ALOT of sodium from it due to me being on blood pressure meds .
Well by the results of my blood work I have been doing the right thing because my BP was awesome and my sodium intake was normal ...Yeahhhhh!!!Anyway my new diet that I put myself on consists of NO pills ...just healthier choices .It is a lot like the weight watchers diet in that you can have whatever you want you just have to do it in moderation.Well I absolutely love Mexican which is very high in sodium ....so in order to remain able to eat it I have to modify it a bit .So last night we were all wanting nachos so I decided to do a little modifying to suit my needs.It turned out SOOOOOOO yummy .I bought some portabella mushrooms and sauteed them in extra virgin olive oil ...absolutely no spices at all, they have a great flavor of their own.I used that instead of meat and added tomato and avocado which is a veggie that is extremely low in sodium.It does have fat but it is the good fat.A very little bit of refried beans just enough to get the stuff to stick to the chips and a little bit of cheese ( this is were I splurged a little ...most cheese is high in sodium ) and sour cream on top ...mmmmmmmmmm I strongly suggest anyone trying this recipe it was truly fantastic and I will be eating this one again ...probably for lunch today :)

16 comments:

  1. That looks sooooo good, but I can't stand mushrooms of any kind and avocado, eh. Way to go on the bloodwork and BP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm!!!!! That looks and sounds so good! I love portobella mushrooms! I totally believe in trying to be healthy thru natural means like diet instead of loading up on pills. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO!!! That does look very good. Was it fresh avocado? I have been wanting to get a fresh one but never have the guts to do so. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:21 PM

    that looks awesome, i guess those dark bits peeking out are the mushrooms, i would never have thought of using those instead of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat fresh ones constantly :)

    I almost always have fresh ones on hand ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Food is my drug! I love to eat. I could do a all veggie taco salad.. not exactly what you picked but veggies are Awesome! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:42 PM

    YUMMY!! Sounds delish. Good for you for eating healthier. It can be challenging at times.
    We have eliminated all hydrogenated oils and highfructose corn syrup from our diets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mexican too and that looks outstanding!! Seriously..my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a meal for me, but it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I love mushrooms. Looks yummy

    Have you checked out Physicians for responsible medicine or Mc. Dougall?

    Get short term but it works and it's so healthy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Skittles, girl, how can you NOT eat a fresh avocado? Am I missing something? lol

    I'm from cali and we never ate anything avacado that we didn't cut and pit ourselves..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa: I am from OHIO. We have corn, tomatos, and stuff but that ain't fresh or "in season" around here. Emial me how to pick a fresh and ripe one and I will buy one on my next shopping trip. Ok? lol


    Now I want Nachos!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks awesome.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looooove Mexican food....problem for me is that I love it with lots of cheese. Not so healthy. But yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would crawl a mile through a field of broken glass for a good plate of nachos. Please don't tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My plate looked much better.....

    Piled real meat, chili, and a ton of the greatest cheese ever... Velveta!

    Forget all those nasty veggies and sour cream and whatnot..... give me the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...