Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Old McDonald had a pig ...eiei ewwwwwwww!!!

Ok I know of all the people that read my blog on a regular basis there has to be SOMEONE that knows the answer to this question ....

We have started watching a new show right before bed called "Dirty Jobs " on the Discovery channel ...Have you seen this ? Here is what it is about for those of you that do not know (this is taken from the previously linked website )

"Starting in August, our brave host and apprentice Mike Rowe will introduce you to a hardworking group of men and women who overcome fear, danger and sometimes stench and overall ickiness to accomplish their daily tasks. Not one to just stand by, each week, Rowe will assume the duties of the jobs he's profiling, working alongside rattlesnake catchers, fish processors, bee removers, septic-tank technicians and other professionals: average folks tackling extraordinary tasks that simply must get done.

But you'll walk away from Dirty Jobs with more than just a glimpse into unfamiliar occupational duties — serving slop to pigs, collecting sperm from stallions and removing bones from fish, for example. If you're like us, you'll also gain a new understanding and appreciation for all the often-unpleasant functions someone is shouldering to make your everyday life easier, safer — and often cleaner.

Don't take our word for it; see it for yourself. Join Mike as he takes on these Dirty Jobs each week, beginning Tuesday, July 26. "


Ok anyway ...the other day he is helping this pig farmer ..They had to clean up the poop,clean the nursery , clip the baby pigs teeth ,give them shots in the neck ...All that I could see the importance of ..It all seemed logical to me .What they did later with the adult pigs is what had me baffled ..He put the male up on a "dummy" and while one guy jacked the pig off the other collected the semen ..Ok that is weird enough .Then he goes to the female and hops on her back ..brushes off her vulva ,inserts a cath and proceeds to squirt the males semen inside this female.
My question is why in the world ( oh did I mention that they had the male strut back in forth in front of her to get her "ready" ) so why in the world do they not take the one female and put her in the pen with the male and let them mate?Ummmmmm how on earth did pigs survive before man was able to jack them off into a cup ..That just seems so bizarre and so not natural to me .I am sure there MUST be some reasonable explanation for this procedure and I am soooo curious to hear what it is ..lol Any clue ya'll?

6 comments:

  1. I watched that show and I was wondering the same thing about the pig.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye girlfriend..you're on your own with this one...I have to agree though..why the HELL would anyone want that job? Love the badass momma above btw!! Looks all kickass in here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should put a warning across the top of that post - DO NOT DRINK ANTHING WHILE READING THIS!!! I just had coke come out my nose!

    I do not have an answer for this and am dying that you actually sat and watched it! Ewwwww....

    Thanks for the chuckles though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they wanted to ensure that the two of them mated on a certain day and that was the best way? Don't know...strange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is to the best of my, thankfully limited, knowledge just to ensure the male doesn't hurt the sow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEWWWW not sure why and not sure I want to know why..;)

    ReplyDelete

You Bless Me

It has been awhile since I've blogged. Does anyone still blog anymore? I used to blog daily and look forward to visiting all my blog fri...